Date of Last Revision: September 19, 2011
1. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect personally identifiable information from you in a number of ways when you visit this Site, including when you request a quote, make an online purchase or complete the online Contact Form. Such personally identifiable information may include your name, street address, email address, phone number, fax number and any other contact or demographic information which, when used by itself or with other data, might identify you individually (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Noritz may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information collected on the Site.
As part of offering and improving Noritz’s products and/or services, Noritz may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file stored on your hard drive by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Site and your experience by saving statuses and preferences. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user, but if we link cookies to personal information, we will treat the information collected by the cookies as Personally Identifiable Information. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but users can change their settings to refuse browser cookies or to be alerted when browser cookies are being sent. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of the Site.
- operate and improve the Site;
- process your requests and transactions;
- conduct product research and development efforts;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- send you technical notices, confirmations, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- provide marketing materials and information regarding products or services of Noritz or our affiliates or other third parties; and
- link or combine with other Personally Identifiable Information we may obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Noritz does not sell, rent or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to any third party, except as follows or as otherwise described to you on the Site:
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are engaged by, or working with, Noritz and who need access to such information to carry out their work (e.g., with third party payment processors to facilitate online transactions, authorized installers for purposes of delivering the products and services, etc.);
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- in an emergency situation, to protect the safety of Noritz, its customers or any other third party;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, restructuring, reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of Noritz to another company; and
- with your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Noritz may provide aggregate statistics about Noritz’s customers, sales, online traffic patterns and related information to reputable third parties and nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
5. YOUR CONTROL
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing email@example.com . If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails. You may also request to have your Personally Identifiable Information removed from Noritz’s current customer database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, for Noritz’s record keeping purposes, Noritz will retain transactional Personal Identifying Information, such as information relating to purchases or our ongoing business relations, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Noritz takes reasonable measures to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse and any unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
8. CONTACT NORITZ