Noritz Blog 2 | September 2018
The company received awards for two products that created efficiency and innovation in the industry.
Noritz strives to create water-heating solutions that are effective, efficient and easy to install for plumbing and HVAC contractors and building owner-managers. This year, our company had the distinct honor of receiving two awards for products that excelled in their innovation, design, and functionality.
• The NRCB Residential Combination Boiler was recognized by The Architect’s Newspaper as a winner in the publication’s annual “Best of Product” awards competition.
• The NCC199CDV Condensing Tankless Water Heater was given the Bronze Award in the Plumbing and Water Management sectors in Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s “Product of the Year” competition.
NCC199CDV: Simplicity and efficiency
As a 2018 Product of the Year winner, the NCC199CDV was recognized for its innovation in heat safety and ventilation. Installers can common-vent up to six units, reducing the number of through-the-wall vent terminations and the necessary supports to install them. This capability allows for long vent runs and a cleaner aesthetic than individually vented systems.
With an industry-high thermal efficiency unit of 98%, the NCC199CDV is ENERGY STAR® certified. The unit has a maximum output of 199,900 BTUs per hour and includes two austenite stainless heat exchangers that resist corrosion, maximizing its lifespan and durability. Up to 24 of these heaters can be linked together, offering the most control options in its category.
With a performance that meets “Energy Star Most Efficient” standards, the 95%-efficient NRCB Residential Combination Boiler allows simultaneous residential domestic hot water and space heating, an industry first.
Unlike traditional combination boiler systems, the NCRB’s simultaneous capabilities are easy to control and help applications that cannot store or deliver heat energy effectively.
The unit also uses 316L austenite stainless steel heat exchangers, which enhance its durability and lifespan. For space heating, the unit has a temperature range of 80°F to 140°F; for domestic hot water and a range of 90°F to 140°F.
The NCRB provides nearly twice as much flow as other competitors, ranging from 9.8 to 11.1 gallons per minute. The flow valve – not offered on competitor models – will ensure a consistent temperature for domestic hot water, regardless of incoming water temperature.
The product also offers various user and installer-friendly features:
• It is compatible with recirculation loops without the need for additional accessories.
• The mounting bracket aligns with the unit’s top, allowing for easy positioning on walls.
• On top of its compatibility with the Noritz Connect Wi-Fi application, it weighs less than 100 pounds, making it lighter than traditional boilers and saving close to 80% in space during installation.
For more information on the NRCB and the NCC199CDV, visit our website at www.noritz.com.