Noritz Combi Boiler Wins Design Award
Noritz is constantly striving to create the most effective, efficient and easy-to-install water heating solutions for our consumer, contractor and building owner-manager customers. It’s therefore extremely gratifying to be recognized as a leader in product innovation by winning an Excellence in Design (EID) Silver Award for the new CB Combination (Combi) Boiler.
Held annually by appliance DESIGN Magazine, the EID competition recognizes products that have been judged to be outstanding in the areas of innovation, design, and functionality. The CB boiler, which delivers hot water to both domestic hot water (DHW) and hydronic heating applications, earned the Silver Award because its efficient design and operation stood out from competing entries.
Able to convert 95 percent of the fuel it consumes into useable heat, the CB meets “Energy Star Most Efficient” standards, which represent the EPA’s highest efficiency rating and allow homeowners to qualify for various state energy rebates.
Other factors separating the CB from competing products include:
- The ability to deliver nearly twice as much hot water to both DHW and hydronic heating applications—up to 9.2 gallons per minute.
- A flow control valve, not offered by competitors, that allows the CB to deliver the maximum possible domestic hot water flow rate at a stable temperature, regardless of the incoming water temperature.
- An intuitive control panel that allows for flexible set temperature adjustment of both the heating loop and the domestic hot water.
- Compact construction (weighs only 90 pounds) that allows it to take up as much as 80 percent less space than a traditional floor-standing boiler or water heater.
- Black finish coating that gives the CB a unique, sleek look unlike many other similarly styled boilers on the market.
EID entries are evaluated by a prestigious panel of judges from respected industry associations and may receive Bronze, Silver, or Gold recognition. In 2015, Noritz won an EID Bronze Award for the EZTR40 residential water heater.
For more information on Appliance Design’s EID Awards, please visit https://www.appliancedesign.com/Excellence-in-Design
For more information on the Noritz CB Combi boiler, please visit https://www.noritz.com/combi/