NRC83 Series Condensing Tankless Water HeaterNoritz has expanded its ecoTOUGH™ Series of gas-fired residential condensing tankless water heaters with the new NRC83, an ENERGY STAR®-rated unit designed for smaller homes and multi-family dwellings.
Available throughout North America in both indoor (the two-pipe, direct vent NRC83-DV) and outdoor (NRC83-OD) models, the new wall-mounted units have an energy factor (EF) of 0.92 for natural gas and 0.94 with liquid propane – approximately 30 points higher than a standard, storage tank-type, gas-fired water heater.
Among the many attractions of this new unit is the ability to vent the indoor models with three-inch or four-inch Schedule 40 and 80 PVC or CPVC pipe, which is less expensive and quicker to install than the Category III Stainless Steel that must be used on conventional tankless water heaters. Besides being easier to work with on the job site, the PVC and CPVC piping also permit vent runs of up to 62 feet, giving builders, remodelers, and plumbing and HVAC contractors many more options on where to position the water heater.
- Precision Combustion Control – More precise burner control, especially during low-fire demand.
- New intelligent freeze protection software – Improved freeze protection from extreme cold weather.
- No internal neutralizer – Removed from the unit to help prevent failures from a frozen neutralizer.
- Super Efficient – DOE Energy Factor of 0.92 (Natural Gas)/0.94 (Propane)
- 12 year warranty – Longer coverage than competition, 12 years on heat exchanger, 5 years on parts, 1 year labor
- Installation flexibility – PVC or CPVC piping. The less costly, zero clearance plastic piping enables longer vent runs up to 62 linear feet. Built-in PVC adapter for either 3″ or 4″ PVC or CPVC.
- Stable Temperature Control – No need for a buffer tank to stabilize temperature. Therefore, no stand by heat loss
- Low Pressure Loss – Norirtz provides a better shower experience across a wide range of water pressures.
- Temperature Display – Can be changed from F to C
- Service Reminder – Can be set to remind user to flush heat exchanger or change H2Flow cartridge
- Vent Length and High Elevation Adjustments – Use dipswitches on circuit board
For more information on the new NRC83 and other residential tankless hot water heater models visit www.noritz.com.