The New Noritz Combination Boiler Exceeds All Your Hot Water and Hydronic Space Heating Needs
Consumers can now kill the two birds of domestic hot water and space heating with one stone. The Noritz Combination Boiler is a year-round, whole-home solution that delivers hot water to both plumbing and hydronic heating applications.
This means having one unit doing the work of two — and more resourcefully at that. The unit performs at a 95 percent AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency); that is, 95 percent of the fuel consumed goes to heating the water to the preset temperature, as opposed to being lost through the flue. This fuel-saving performance meets “Energy Star Most Efficient” standards, meaning that, with the Combination Boiler, you will be able to qualify for various state energy rebates around the country and offset the initial cost.
On the space heating side, the Combination Boiler accommodates a host of applications including radiators, baseboards, low and high mass radiant heating (i.e. in-floor, snow melt, etc.) and air handlers.
Two models are available for different levels of demand:
- The CB180DV has a maximum input Btuh of 180,000 for hot water and 100,000 Btuh for space heating.
- The CB199DV has a maximum input Btuh of 199,000 for hot water and 120,000 Btuh for space heating.
Other Combination Boiler features
- Weighing only 90 pounds, the wall-hung Combination Boiler is also significantly lighter than a traditional boiler, requiring only one installer to do the job instead of two or more. Its compact size allows it to take up as much as 80 percent less space than a traditional floor-standing boiler and water heater.
- The Combination Boiler allows you to enjoy stable temperatures in your shower and other water uses. Unlike competitors, a flow control valve ensures consistent temperature for domestic hot water demand, regardless of incoming water temperature.
- The units allow different temperature settings for the domestic hot water heating and space heating applications. For domestic hot water, temperatures range from 90 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. On the space heating side, the range is 100 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Both models contain three superior-grade stainless steel heat exchangers as well as scald prevention for domestic hot water safety.
- The use of plastic venting materials — rather than the stainless steel venting required by non-condensing water heaters — substantially lowers costs by reducing installation time as well as the cost of the piping materials.
- The Combination Boiler can deliver up to 4.5 gallons per minute of domestic hot water at 77⁰ temperature rise, nearly double that of the competitors.
The compact size, ease-of-installation, high-efficiency and superior domestic hot water performance make the Noritz Combination Boiler the solution for all of your home’s heating and hot water needs.
For more information www.noritz.com/combi