NORITZ MULTI-SYSTEM APPLICATIONS
Commercial Noritz water heaters can be used individually or in a Multi-System (2+ units) when used with either a Quick Connect Cord or a multi-unit System Controller.
- For Multi-Systems for 2 commercial units, use QC-1 (Quick Connect Cord)
- For Multi-Systems for 2 to 6 commercial units with a Storage Tank, use SC-201-6M (System Controller for up to 6 Units)
- For up to 2-unit Multi-System, use SC-201-12M (System Controller for up to 12 Units)
- For up to 24-unit Multi-System, use SC-201-24M (System Controller for up to 24 Units)
2 NC250-SV-ASME units installed outside using the Quick-Connect System.
2-Unit Quick Connect System
Two Noritz commercial water heaters installed in parallel can provide hot water to fixtures at twice the capacity as compared to when a single unit is used. The Quick Connect Cord (QC-1) is used to link two identical units together in a simple installation. This connection acts as a communication link between the two units and provides the following features:
1) Doubles the output of the system by allowing the secondary unit to fire when the primary unit reaches capacity
2) Rotates the operation of the two units evenly to prevent premature wear on one unit
5 NC250-SV-ASME units installed using the multi-system application to supply hot water to multiple townhomes.
Multi-System Application For Up to 12 or 24 Units
Up to 12 or 24 Noritz commercial water heaters installed in parallel can provide hot water to fixtures at up to 24 times the capacity as compared to when a single unit is used. System Controller models SC-201-6M(-EXT)(-OD, -DVC) are available and can be used to manifold up to 6 identical units together while providing the following features:
1) Increases the output of the system with the ability to add more BTU’s per added unit
2) Rotates the operation evenly within the Multi-System to prevent premature wear on one unit
2 NC380-SV-ASME units connected to supply hot water to a storage tank.
A hot water storage tank can be used with Noritz tankless when a specific application requires higher flow capacity with minimum pressure loss.
Multi-System Application with Storage Tank
A hot water storage tank can be used with the system when a specific application requires higher flow capacity with minimum pressure loss. With the proper System Controller model, the system can handle from 2 up to 24 units that would provide recovery heat to the storage tank while controlling the primary pump in the system. The time in which the hot water in the storage tank reaches the required temperature depends on the amount of BTU’s that is applied to the system, which is directly proportional to the number of units installed in the multi-system. Refer to the Noritz Specification Sheets that include data for BTU and flow capacity ratings to properly size for your specific application.
|Model No.||NC199 Series||NCC199 Series||NC250 Series||NC380-SV-ASME|
|Temperature Rise (°F)||70||100||70||100||70||100||70||100|
|Flow Rate Capacity (GPM)||1-unit||4.8||3.4||5.3||3.7||6.0||4.2||8.9||6.2|
|Flow Rate Capacity (GPH)||1-unit||288||204||318||222||360||252||534||372|